Today is all about the solar eclipse – but it’s also about happiness. Today is the International Day of Happiness, which I think is really cool and important. Happiness is often something we take for granted, and I very much like that a day is dedicated to it. It’s a chance to think about what makes you happy, and to make that happen. And of course what makes those around you happy. Happiness is often a bit fleeting, a feeling, something that is sometimes just on the surface. But happiness is also something that we aware of on quite a basic level. The smallest things can affect it, and having it can make a huge difference to how you live and experience your life.
Happiness is one of the things I value most in my life. So what makes me happy?
- My wonderful dog, Polly. She lives with my mum, so I miss her all the time. To me, she is a person, a member of my family. And she’s so cute!
- My boyfriend and my family, who are weird and wonderful.
- Lots of small things, like once in a while managing to actually have a good hair day.
- Writing my blog and chatting with other bloggers – it’s like having a whole other set of friends and people to talk to, who live in my computer.
- Disney films I grew up with, my favourite of which will always be The Little Mermaid. It can’t be beaten!
- My parents’ old music, that used to play in the house when I was little. Mainly Fleetwood Mac, David Bowie, and Kate Bush.
My favourite song at the moment:
And of course, reading.
What makes you happy today?