Today is all about the solar eclipse – but it’s also about happiness. Today is the International Day of Happiness, which I think is really cool and important. Happiness is often something we take for granted, and I very much like that a day is dedicated to it. It’s a chance to think about what makes you happy, and to make that happen. And of course what makes those around you happy. Happiness is often a bit fleeting, a feeling, something that is sometimes just on the surface. But happiness is also something that we aware of on quite a basic level. The smallest things can affect it, and having it can make a huge difference to how you live and experience your life.
Happiness is one of the things I value most in my life. So what makes me happy?
- My wonderful dog, Polly. She lives with my mum, so I miss her all the time. To me, she is a person, a member of my family. And she’s so cute!
- My boyfriend and my family, who are weird and wonderful.
- Lots of small things, like once in a while managing to actually have a good hair day.
- Writing my blog and chatting with other bloggers – it’s like having a whole other set of friends and people to talk to, who live in my computer.
- Disney films I grew up with, my favourite of which will always be The Little Mermaid. It can’t be beaten!
- My parents’ old music, that used to play in the house when I was little. Mainly Fleetwood Mac, David Bowie, and Kate Bush.
My favourite song at the moment:
And of course, reading.
What makes you happy today?
2 thoughts on “International Happiness Day”
I think you’re right, Lizzi, happiness is very often made up of lots of little things. We all need to stop and learn to appreciate that instead of yearning after something spectacular. A lovely sunny morning can do it, or bumping unexpectedly into a friend.
Completely agree! Small things are the best. Like your comment! 🙂