In March 2014 I wrote about why we choose to re-read certain books, and not others – and why I had only re-read one book in my entire life. I had been thinking a lot about how I blog and how I choose the books that I read, and I kept noticing books on my shelves that made me think ‘I would love to read that again’. So I resolved to create a To Re-Read list – and here it is! Once I have re-read a book I will cross it out, and I will include a link to my re-reading review. I’ll also add new books to the list if I decide to re-read them.
How to Be a Good Wife by Emma Chapman– re-read in June 2014. Post here.
- Other Voices, Other Rooms by Truman Capote
- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O’Farrell
- The Little Friend by Donna Tartt
- The Member of the Wedding by Carson McCullers
- Reflections in a Golden Eye by Carson McCullers
- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers (left unfinished in 2008)
The Grass Harp by Truman Capote– re-read in July 2014. Post here. Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote– re-read in August 2014. Post here. Summer Crossing by Truman Capote– re-read in August 2014. Post here.
- The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford
- Doctor Faustus by Thomas Mann
- My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier
- Ella Price’s Journal by Dorothy Bryant
- Loving by Henry Green
Alone in Berlin by Hans Fallada– re-read in August 2017. Post here.