These Little Words (est. 2011) is a blog dedicated to the joys and tribulations of reading. I own the site and write and edit all posts myself, unless otherwise indicated. If you would like to contribute please get in touch.
The menu options at the top of the page should help you to navigate. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, let me know.
Hello! My name is Lizzi. I work in Editorial at an academic publisher, and have a BA in English Literature. Books are my first passion but I am also interested in feminism, fashion, eating, TV, my dog, and my husband Dan. Oh and my baby.
You can contact me here, or on Twitter and Instagram @lizzi_reads
I mostly review books I already own. I sometimes request review copies of new books if I’m really excited to read them. My favoured genres are:
- literary fiction (whatever that means)
- historical fiction
- narrative non-fiction
- Classical Studies
To see some books that I have read or am looking forward to reading, please feel free to check out my book lists on GoodReads.
If you would like to send me a book, please ask me first as I have a backlog of unread books. If I am sent unsolicited books, there is no guarantee that I will review them.
I’m afraid I cannot accept ebooks or self-published books.
If I use photos from other websites I will always credit them underneath the photo. If there is no credit, that means I have taken the photo myself unless otherwise stated. If you own any photos I have featured and would like me to take them down, I am happy to do so. Let me know via the email address above, or on Twitter.
I am a member of the affiliate programmes for Blackwell’s, Wordery and Foyles. This means that you will see links to buy a mentioned book at the end of blog posts; if you click on these links and buy the books, I will receive a small percentage.
You can also find me here…
- Twitter: @lizzi_reads
- Instagram: @lizzi_reads
- I was on the Shadow Panel for the Young Writer of the Year Award 2018. You can read more here.
- Review of the Man Booker shortlisted How to be both by Ali Smith on The Oxford Culture Review
- Articles on For Books’ Sake
- My reviews on Amazon.co.uk
- My other blog, The Postscript, which features reviews of things that aren’t books, and personal posts from me. It also has an amazing agony aunt, Dear Clementine, who is waiting for your emails!